These simple yet instantly recognisable Christmas baubles are quick and easy to make. Mix and match colours and textures to co-ordinate with your Christmas theme.
You will need:
- Plastic baubles of varying sizes – to make one bauble, you will need one large and two small
- (I used 1 x 6cm bauble and 2 x 4cm baubles)
- Hot glue gun and glue stick
- Cover your work area with a drop cloth for any glue spills and warm up the glue gun.
- Remove the hanging loop and metal/plastic loop holder from the two smaller baubles.
- Using the scissors cut the protruding piece from the bauble as close to the globe of the bauble as possible.
- Apply glue around the cut and position the small bauble on the larger bauble, a few centimetres to one side of the hanging loop for the first “ear”.
- Hold it firmly in place for about 20 seconds while the glue sets.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 for the second smaller bauble, lining up the second bauble evenly with the first to create the second “ear”.
- Hang it on your tree!
Written by Julie Scanlon
Julie is Editor for Kidspot NZ and our MVP. Her hobbies include laughing uncontrollably at her own jokes, annoying her family by asking questions about movie plots, and never taking anything too seriously. She speaks a little Spanish and a lot of Yorkshire.
Favourite motto to live by: “It ain’t nothing but a thing”