Chocolate fridge loaf
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 60g pecan nuts
- 60g macadamia nuts
- 80g packet pistachio kernels
- 100g glace cherries
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- icing sugar, to dust
Line a 10cm x 20cm loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of overhang.
Place the chocolate, butter and caster sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (bowl shouldnÛªt touch the water). Stir occasionally until chocolate melts.
Meanwhile, break biscuits into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Add pecans, macadamias, pistachios and cherries. Add the melted chocolate mixture and spoon into loaf pan. Press down firmly. Refrigerate overnight, then turn out onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into hefty slices.
- Keeps well in an airtight container (in the fridge if it is still hot in your part of the world) and is even better after a few days if it lasts that long.
- Fantastic with your morning tea or coffee!