Quick vegetable curry
- 200 grams sweet potato, chopped
- 200 grams potato, chopped
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 cups basamati rice
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 750 millilitres coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 2 cups brocolli florets
- 200 grams canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
Steam or microwave the sweet potato (kumera) and potato to partially cook.
Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
Add the onion and capsicum and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until soft, then add the garlic and curry paste and stirfry for 1 minute.
Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender.
Put the cornflour in a small bowl and gradually add 80 mL (1/3 cup) milk, stirring until smooth.
Add potato, sweet potato, broccoli and remaining milk to the pan.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add cornflour mixture to the pan and stir until sauce thickens, then stir in chickpeas.
Serve over the rice or with rice on the side.