Apple and cinnamon rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) Arborio rice
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) milk, breast milk or formula
In a small pan over medium heat, melt a dollop of butter, add the rice and stir. Add half of the water and a quarter of the apple puree and stir until all the moisture has been absorbed.
Sprinkle in the cinnamon, stirring all the time. Add half the milk and another quarter of the apple and stir again until absorbed. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients and continue stirring until the rice is cooked and all the moisture has been absorbed.
Leave to cool and serve.
Find more baby recipes:
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- Make a huge batch of apple puree, freeze in an ice tray then place in zip-lock bags and keep in the freezer for times when you need puree but aren’t keen on making it from scratch.
- Taste test as you cook – the rice might need more or less of the liquids before it’s cooked through.
- You can puree if a smoother finish is preferred.
- You can double this recipe so tomorrow's rice is already made. Just make sure you keep it refrigerated in an airtight container.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can follow her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.