Cucumber and melon salad
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- 1-2 limes
- 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- half a teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to a half rockmelon, watermelon or honeydew, seeds and skin removed
- 1 shake chilli powder
Cut your cucumber into 5cm sticks and place in a bowl, squeeze lime juice over the top, add oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Toss and serve.
Cut the melon into wedges, squeeze over lime juice and gently sprinkle with chilli powder. Serve on a platter or bowl as a snack or with sliced deli meat.
- These are great, healthy nibblers. My kids are very much into sour/salty/sweet foods so this is a popular snack in our house.
- I leave some melon without chilli of course, but my seven year-old will try it now with the slightest hint of ground chilli – all in good time and a great way to introduce older kids to richer spices.
- If you think chilli is too risky, sprinkle with sweet paprika instead.