Frozen mashed potato balls
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp (40g) butter
- 100ml milk
Step 1. Gather all ingredients together.
Step 2. Cut potatoes into even-sized chunks. Place into saucepan and cover with water. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and add salt. Cook for 20 minutes.
Step 3. Remove from heat and drain. Leave uncovered for 2 minutes to let steam escape and dry out potatoes. Mash well and stir through butter and milk.
Step 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Take a 2/3 cup measure and pack full of mashed potato.Tap out onto the baking paper and repeat until all the mixture is used. Place into the freezer until frozen then place into a resealable bag until needed.
Find related potato recipes
- Easy corn fritters
- Potato and zucchini fritters
- Veggie fritters
- Cheesy potato bake
- Crispy pan fried potatoes
- Cheesy potato cakes
- Potato gratin
- Potato patties
- Potato pancakes
- Parsley potatoes
- Stuffed potatoes
- Chorizo and potato frittata
- Hassleback potatoes
- You don't have to make a whole batch of these. Just place leftover mash on a plate in the freezer and then twist off and pop into a bag in the freezer for later.
- These are perfect for kids that love a pie and mash!
- To use just place in a glass bowl in the microwave on high for 3 minutes and stir.
- I often drop these into soups and stews when I want to thicken them up and add vegetables.
- Make sure you use the correct type of potatoes for mashing.
- If you want to reduce the fat content in this recipe you can use a low-fat margarine and use chicken stock in place of the milk.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.