Hummus with toasty dippers
- 1 x tin (400g) chickpeas
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tsp butter
Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until just smooth.
Preheat oven to 190°C conventional (or 170°C fan-forced).
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Roll each slice of bread with a rolling pin until flat.
Butter each slice and cut into four triangles or rectangles making 16 pieces in total.
Place bread on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Serve hummus and dippers on a tray or pack a small serve into lunch boxes.
Find related dip recipes
- Avocado salsa dip with corn chips
- Basil pesto dip
- Beetroot dip
- Chickpea dip
- Fresh prawns with two dips
- Fruit pop with chocolate dip
- Nutella dip
- Prawn layer dip
- Pumpkin chilli dip
- Quick sour cream dip
- Spicy crab dip recipe
- Spinach cobb dip
- Tomato and basil hummus dip
- Tuna dip
- White bean dip
- Hommus, homous, hummus, hommos, homus? I went with hummus. However, you spell it, this Middle Eastern garlicky chickpea dip is healthy and nutritious. Try wholegrain bread dippers cut into triangles or rectangles and a squeeze of lemon juice on top of the hummus to add a citrus zing.
- My kids don’t like tahini so this is a tahini free version.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves… Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.