Nutella and banana bread
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Nutella
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 11cm x 21cm loaf pan.
Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugars.
In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.
Add to the dry ingredients with mashed banana and fold until just combined.
Pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Using a teaspoon, drop the Nutella across the top of the mixture, then mix it into the cake mix by inserting a cake skewer or a knife into the cake batter and swirling it around a couple of time.
Cook for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Turn out onto a rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Related bread recipes:
- This recipe is super-easy to make – and with no electric beaters involved, it hardly creates any washing-up either!
- This is similar to a muffin recipe – using oil instead of butter – and as such, shouldn’t be over-mixed. When you combine the wet and dry ingredients, stop stirring as soon as the ingredients are all combined.
- This is fantastic eaten hot with a generous slab of butter across each slice. I think it loses a little something once it’s cold but my kids don’t seem to care!
- The wonderful thing about including Nutella in this recipe is that each slice of the bread now has its own inbuilt spread. There’s absolutely no need to add honey or jam to this as it is just perfectly sweet with the blobs of Nutella throughout the bread.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.