Rustic banana, blueberry and coconut cake
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 125 g butter (melted)
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 175C (155C fan-forced). Grease a cake tin and line with baking paper.
In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. In another bowl, beat all the wet ingredients together. Make sure to leave your blueberries until the end.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, then add the blueberries and gently stir through.
Pour the mixture into your cake tin and pop into the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto cake rack. Serve and enjoy!
Find more delicious cake recipes:
- Banana cake
- Banana cake with butter frosting
- Banana cake with lemon icing
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon tea cake
- Coconut cake
- Easter basket chocolate cake
- Easy banana cake
- Easy chocolate cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Peach and raspberry upside down cake
- Everyday chocolate cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- If you don’t want to use wholemeal spelt flour, you can use 2 cups of white flour instead (or vice versa).
- Enjoy a piece of warm cake with some whipped cream or a bit of butter – yum!
- This recipe was created by Brenda Janschek for Kidspot.