Spaghetti with creamy ham sauce
- 500 grams spaghetti
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 grams button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375ml CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 200 grams lean ham, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to directions on pack, drain.
Spray a frying pan or wok with oil and heat.
Add the onion and mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Put the cornflour into a small bowl and gradually add 1/4 cup CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, stirring until smooth.
Add the remaining CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk to the pan then gradually add the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until the sauce boils and thickens.
Stir in ham and parsley, season to taste.
When the pasta is al dente, drain and return to the saucepan.
Add the sauce and toss through the pasta.