This Vietnamese chicken salad in a box is full of crunch and flavour. It’s great for parties as you can make it up in big quantities before the event then just serve it into boxes or bowls when needed.
- 1 barbecued chicken, deboned and shredded
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely chopped
- 1cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 large carrot, peeled and very finely sliced into strips
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into strips
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of three limes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 /3 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped
Vietnamese chicken salad in a box
Combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, sprouts, herbs, carrot and cucumber in a large bowl.
Combine the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a jar and shake to combine.åÊ Pour this over the salad and mix well.
Toss with the drained noodles, top with the peanuts and spring onions and serve. Kids seem to love this in individual noodle boxes but you could just do little bowlfuls if that’s easier.