Poetry: Autumn friends
Poetry is fun and can be educational too! Kids love pointing out the rhyming words and trying to think of more. Create some rainy day fun with this autumn poem not only by reading it, but by printing it out and making some leafy cards to celebrate the season too.
What you need:
- computer with internet access
If you choose to print and decorate:
- coloured pencils or markers
Number of players:
There are many things you can do with this autumn poem. Have a chat about the different seasons. What do they think of when they hear the word autumn? What sounds, smells and colours do they associate with this time of year? You can also print this poem out and get the kids to decorate the page with fallen leaves!
Changing colours of the leaves,
Yellow, orange, brown,
Pretty scenes of autumn trees,
All about my town.
Swirling, twirling this way and that,
Rustling on the ground,
One by one, falling gently,
For me to kick around.
Here are my friends – come one, come all,
We meet at the park to play,
Pull out the kites and thank the season,
For this windy autumn day.
- Go for a walk to the park and collect some leaves. Make a card for friends or family with your collection.
Learning benefits of play, craft and activities:
- Benefits of crafts for kids
- Craft ideas to make for babies
- Why reading is important
- Your child's development milestones
- Why play makes kids smarter
- The importance of outdoor play
- Types of play
- How craft helps unplug kids from screentime
Find ideas for toddlers
- Eat, sleep and play ideas for toddlers
- Nursery rhyme lyrics
- Kids' songs and lullaby lyrics
- Games, crafts and activities for 2-year-olds
- How-to make your own toys videos
- 20 fun toddler activities and games
- Toddler play
- Best recipes for toddlers
- Solving toddler tantrums