Baby bacon and spinach frittatas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 large rasher bacon
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato or other cooked veggies
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated cheese
- a few baby spinach leaves, chopped or torn finely
- cooking spray
Set the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion and bacon until onions are translucent.
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well and add vegetables cheese and spinach. Stir well to combine. Spray a mini cupcake try with cooking spray and scoop in mixture. Fill a few millimetres from the top.
Pop in a pre-heated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the frittatas are golden brown and have moved slightly away from the edge of the pan. Leave to cool slightly and serve warm.
Find related baby recipes:
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- These frittatas are great for using up leftover mash or other veggies, plus eggs are a great source of protein, iron, folate and omega-3 fatty acids.
- A good time saver: make mini versions for little hands while you’re whipping up a larger one for yourself.
- Babies who aren’t ready for finger food can be fed the frittata in scrambled-egg form. Simply break up with a fork and serve on a spoon.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can see her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.