Cheaty chicken pies
- 500g chicken thigh or breast fillets, no skin, fat trimmed off, cubed
- 1/4 cup of leek, finely chopped
- 1 x 420 gr can chicken condensed soup – 98% fat free
- 1 extra can water
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas and beans)
- 1 glass of white wine
- 5 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
- Pepper to taste
- 100g frozen shortcrust pastry
Take out pastry from freezer and leave to defrost on bench.
In a frypan, saute the leek in white wine, add chicken and cook through, add soup, and then an extra can of water, mixed vegetables, mushrooms and simmer until thickened.
Preheat oven to 200C.
Use ramekin dishes and trace around to cut out tops, fill with mixture, roll out the pastry circles to make a little bigger and seal on ramekin, and make some venting holes with a fork on top. You can choose to brush with egg wash (1 egg beaten with a little milk)
Bake for 30 mins or until golden brown. Absolutely sinfully delicious!
- I never do packet meals but am willing to make an exception for this one!
- Using condensed chicken soup feels naughty but it’s super healthy, low in calories and only takes a short amount of time to make.
- These pies are perfect for the freezer.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.