Chicken and mushroom quiche
- 1-2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 30g butter
- 1tbsp (20ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) fresh cream
Preheat oven to 200°C conventional (180°C fan-forced).
Line a 20-24cm flan tin with pastry, sealing joins and trimming to fit. To blind-bake, place a sheet of foil over the pastry and fill with dry beans, lentils or baking weights. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove beans and foil, then return to oven for a further 5-10 minutes until lightly brown.
Reduce oven temperature to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced).
Melt butter with oil in a large frypan. Cook mushrooms for 5-7 minutes until nicely browned. Add garlic and cook for a further minute. Turn off heat, add chicken and stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper. Distribute mixture evenly in base of pastry case then top with grated cheese.
Whisk eggs and cream. Pour into pastry case over mushroom mix. Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until just set but still a little wobbly. Serve warm or at room temperature with a big green salad.
Find related quiche recipes
- Cheaty salmon and broccoli quiche
- Crustless quiche
- Impossible quiche
- Mini capsicum quiches
- Mini quiches with hidden veg
- Quiche lorraine
- Vegetarian quiche
- Pastry quantities and cooking times will vary depending on the diameter and depth of your quiche dish.
- Choose feta, gruyere or parmesan cheese for a more grown-up version.
- Recipe by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.