Chicken broccoli cashew stir fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 500g chicken thigh or breast fillets, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 250g broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok.
Cook the chicken in two batches; stir fry until golden and tender, remove.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok, add onion, stir fry for 1 minute, add garlic, celery, carrot and broccoli.
Stir fry until vegetables are tender, the broccoli should be bright green.
Add soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chicken and nuts, heat through.
Serve immediately with steamed or boiled rice.
- This is a great basic stir fry to master, easily adaptable to other meats and vegetables.
- Play around with the sauces to suit your taste—oyster, hoisin and satay would all work well with this recipe.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.