Easy beef casserole
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion , peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 500g lean beef, trimmed and cut into small chunks (use gravy beef , blade or chuck )
- 1 piece of pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 400g can tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 2 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry the onion and carrot until soft.
Add the beef chunks and cook until browned.
Transfer the beef, onions, and carrot to a heavy-based pan and stir in all the other ingredients.
Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, adding more stock or water if needed, or until the beef is tender.
Blend or mash if serving to baby.
Related dinners recipes:
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Spaghetti with tuna and Olives
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- One pot chicken and tomato rice
- This recipe is a great all-round family meal. It is tasty and full flavoured and you can mash it up for baby to have as well.
- For a family meal, I recommend that you double the recipe quantities because this recipe will only supply enough for two adults.
- I like to serve this with boiled potatoes.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.