Goat’s cheese and walnut celery bites
- 4 celery stalk
- 150 g goat's cheese
- 2 tbs creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tbs honey (for drizzling)
Use a vegetable peeler to peel the stringy bits off the celery stalks.
Cut each stalk into four even pieces (about 3cm in length).
Use a fork to mash together the goat's cheese and creme fraiche. Add the chopped walnuts and mix through.
Spread about half a teaspoon of the goat's cheese mixture into the valley of each piece of celery.
Arrange on a platter, sprinkle with extra chopped walnuts then drizzle with honey.
- You can use plain yoghurt instead of creme fraiche.
- The creme fraiche is just to soften the goat's cheese a bit and make it spreadable. Use as much or as little as you like.
- Peeling the celery stalks makes these nibblies so much yummier and takes all the bitterness out of the celery taste.
- This recipe was created by Penny Flanagan for Kidspot.