This Lunchtime Hax from Jax Hamilton and Best Foods is fun, healthy and yum! Low on carbs and high on flavour, rice paper rolls are a light and tasty modern take on a sandwich that can be made in the weekend, frozen, then popped into lunchboxes when you need them.
Social media star and creative foodie genius Jax Hamilton has teamed up with Best Foods, makers of New Zealand’s favourite mayonnaise, on a mission to make school lunches a fun (and easy) experience for both parents and children, by sharing the ultimate time saving hacks (or Hax!) and delicious recipes.
Make several rolls and store in the freezer for up to two weeks.
Rainbow Rice Paper Rolls
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1 tsp miso
- drizzle sesame oil
- 200 gram coleslaw
- 100 gram surimi shredded
- Whisk together, 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise, 1 tsp miso and a drizzle of sesame oil. Put aside.
- Shred surimi with a fork, mix with coleslaw. Bring together with dressing.
- Soak rice paper sheet in warm water until soft. Remove,shake way any excess. Spoon over filling.
- Fold over the bottom, then sides and roll into a tight sausage shape. Place in container. Continue until finished. Ensure rolls are not touching.
- Pop in freezer.