- half a cup brown sugar
- half a cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 and half cups plain flour * see notes below for gluten free
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- half a cup raisins
- half a cup currants
- half a cup sultanas
- half a cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 160C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Cream butter and sugars in an electric mixer until smooth, add egg and beat to combine. Add flour, bicarb, rolled oats, fruit, coconut and cinnamon and mix until combined.
Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture into balls and press onto prepared trays to flatten the tops. Space about 3cm apart. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- These smell (and taste) wonderful just after coming out of the oven. A great healthy-ish biscuit alternative for lunchboxes.
- Vary the fruit and coconut to suit your tastes, just make sure you use 1 cup total.
- Make these gluten-free with gluten-free flour and replace rolled oats with gluten-free rice bubbles or cornflakes.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.