Prawn and potato salad with avocado dressing
- 400g chat potatoes
- 400g cooked peeled prawns
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups (35-40g) watercress
- 4 cups (about 100g) soft lettuce (green oak, butter varieties are great)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 medium avocado
- 2/3 cup (240ml) low fat buttermilk
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- juice of 1 lime (20-25mls)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup (80-125ml) water (start with 1/3 cup and add more if you need it)
- pinch of salt and pepper
Boil potatoes in salted water for about 20 minutes until cooked.
Drain potatoes, cool and chop roughly.
Toss potatoes, prawns, spring onions, watercress,lettuce and parsley together.
Make avocado dressing: place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Drizzle dressing over salad.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad
- Any firm, waxy potato will work in this recipe.
- If you can't find watercress you could use rocket.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.