Prawn and spinach spaghetti
- 1 pkt (500g) spaghetti
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 400g peeled green prawns
- 1 medium lemon, rind and juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 80g baby spinach
- parmesan, shaved, to serve
Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
When spaghetti is almost done, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add garlic and prawns and cook, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes or until the prawns become opaque. Drain spaghetti and add to pan with lemon juice and finely grated rind. Toss through tomatoes and spinach and season well.
Divide between serving plates, top with shaved parmesan and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
Find related prawn recipes
- Chilli, lime and coriander prawns
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Ginger and garlic prawns
- Honey ginger prawns
- Honey prawns
- Lemon garlic prawns
- One-pan paella
- Prawn and avocado stacks
- Prawns with snow peas
- Spicy prawns with yoghurt
- Green or raw peeled prawns are available at fishmongers or in the deli section of the supermarket.
- If buying whole green prawns, you will need approximately 600-700g. Remove heads, peel skin and devein before cooking.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.