Salmon and pumpkin salad with chilli jam
- 700g pumpkin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 4 salmon fillets (approx. 125g each)
- 125g baby spinach
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- chopped coriander and lime wedges, to serve
- 1 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fish or vegetable stock
Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Peel and cut pumpkin into a 1.5cm dice. Toss in olive oil, lay on a baking tray and roast for 25 minutes until tender.
Cook beans in a pan of simmering water for two minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
For dressing, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook salmon fillets skin-side down for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and spoon over half the dressing.
Combine spinach, onion and beans in a large bowl. Distribute evenly among serving plates. Top with roast pumpkin and a piece of salmon. Drizzle over remaining dressing. Garnish with coriander and extra lime wedges.
Find related salmon recipes
- Asian salmon salad
- Baked salmon
- Baked salmon with leek and fennel
- Creamy smoked salmon pasta
- Creamy smoked salmon tagliatelle
- Family fish pie
- Salmon cakes
- Salmon filo pies
- Salmon fish fingers
- Salmon macaroni bake
- Salmon mornay
- Salmon sushi
- Salmon with chermoula potatoes
- Salmon with green salsa
- Salmon with miso noodle salad
- Salmon with zesty citrus salsa
- Salmon, corn and dill risotto
- Choose a Thai-style chilli jam from the supermarket or Asian grocer.
- Add extra sliced fresh chilli for a spicier salad.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.