Used up all your cooking prowess, time and effort on the mains and dessert, leaving you with nothing left to give in the entrée department? Relax, these 10 starters couldn’t be simpler, but look like you’ve slaved away on them.
1. Prosciutto and melon
A classic flavour combination, refreshing and light, and a cinch to make. What’s not to love?
- See here for the Prosciutto and melon recipe.
A healthy and eternally popular dip that couldn’t be easier to make yourself … chopping up the carrot sticks to serve with it will be the most time-consuming part of this dish!
- See here for the Hummus recipe.
3. Easy chicken and mango salad
Already ultra-quick and easy to prepare, this fresh tasty starter can be made even simpler courtesy of a store-bought chook. Go ahead, we won’t tell …
- See here for the Easy chicken and mango salad
4. Fried halloumi
It’s almost criminal that something this delish is so simple to make. Ahh, it’s good to live on the edge.
- See here for the Fried halloumi recipe.
5. Tomato and ginger soup
Crazy quick but really-rather-yum soup that is also great for the immune system … bonus!
- See here for the Tomato and ginger soup recipe.
6. Prawn cocktail
It’s time to revive the prawn cocktail folks! The succulent prawn brought to life with the zesty sauce and a nice healthy side of lettuce, how on earth did we ever let it become unfashionable?
- See here for the Prawn cocktail recipe.
7. Calamari fritti
Say it in your best Italian accent and you’ll sound like quite the chef (or maybe a pretentious git). Either way, people will think you’ve gone to lots of effort when really you haven’t, mwahahah!
- See here for the Calamari fritti recipe.
8. Goats cheese toasts
Make the toasts beforehand, and you can literally whack these tasty babies together while chatting to your guests. (Although then they’ll see just how easy they are to make … Hmm, decisions!)
- See here for the Goats cheese toasts recipe.
9. Oysters natural with Thai dressing
Let the oysters do all the legwork for you, while you hastily whip up a divine dressing that brings out their divine flavour even more.
- See here for the Oysters natural with Thai dressing recipe.
10. Lemon garlic prawns
When it comes to quickie entrées, prawns are the gift that keeps on giving. And here they are with their perfect wingmen; lemon and garlic.
- See here for the Lemon garlic prawns recipe.