Slow cooked Classic Cantonese perfection. Hearty and ﬂavoursome Beef Stew is popular in Cantonese cuisine. Rich beef and mushroom ﬂavours with hints of ginger, garlic and spices.
A dish that has a huge amount of ﬂavour and personality and another Lee Kum Kee Authentic Asian slow cooked meal.
Cantonese Beef Stew
- 600 grams beef diced
- 200 grams carrot diced medium
- 200 grams onion diced medium
- 150 grams white radish diced
- 150 grams mushrooms sliced
- 25 grams dried shitake mushrooms sliced
- 3 tsp Lee Kum Kee Minced Garlic
- 3 tsp ginger crushed
- 300-400 ml water
- 1 packet Lee Kum Kee Slow Cook Sauce for Cantonese Beef Stew
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a suitable pan and fry the meat until browned.
- Place into a slow cooker (if using) on high with all remaining ingredients. Season as required.
- Cook 4-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- More water can be added as required. Can be thickened with a little corn ﬂour.
- A perfect complement when served with steamed vegetables, rice, noodles, or even mashed potatoes.
Can also be cooked on the stove top or in the oven using a cast iron pot or casserole dish.