Strawberry, honey and buttermilk muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 3 tbsp (60ml) honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced) and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
Sift the flour and sugar together then whisk the buttermilk, honey, egg and vegetable oil together in a jug.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, folding gently.
Then fold through the strawberries, spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Make sure that you gently combine the wet and dry ingredients by folding with a spatula until just wet. This gives you a lighter, less dense muffin.
- You can swap the strawberries for your favourite berries.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.