Weet-Bix slice with lemon icing
- 1 1/2 cups Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (170g) sultanas
- 120g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 (230g) cups icing sugar mixture
Preheat the oven to 180å¡C conventional (160å¡C fan-forced). Line the slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the Weet-Bix, flour, sugar and sultanas.
Melt butter and pour into the mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients until they just come together.
Pour the mixture into the slice tray. Press down firmly with the large metal spoon until the mix is firmly packed into all the corners and smooth on the top.
Bake for 15 mins or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
While the slice is cooling, combine the icing sugar mixture and just enough of the lemon juice to create a slightly runny icing, add a little extra water if needed to get the right consistency.
Drizzle the icing over the slice. Once the slice is cool, cut into bar shapes.
- Weet-Bix slice freezes beautifully for up to 3 months.
- I individually wrap each of the bars in some wax paper (a little sticky tape on the back keeps it all neat) and freeze in a resealable bag.
- In the morning I take a frozen slice out and put it straight into the lunch box – perfect by morning tea.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves… Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.