White fish with lemon butter
- 4 pieces white fish fillet (about 200g each)
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
Heat a non-stick frypan to medium high heat.
Place fish fillets in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, turn (if the fish is sticking to the pan, leave for another minute or so and it will Û÷cook offÛª and then turn easily) and cook for another 3-4 minutes until just cooked through (depends on thickness of fish).
Move fish to one side of pan, melt butter and stir in lemon juice to combine and heat through.
Place fish on plates, pour lemon butter over and scatter with capers, if using.
- I steamed some of the green veg I had in the fridge (zucchini, broccoli, peas) and served the fish on top of the greens.
- The lemon butter drizzles wonderfully through the vegetables.
- Other serving ideas include putting the fish on top of a pile of creamy mash or crunchy baked potato slices or wedges.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.