When the summer sunshine is just too many months away, don’t let winter get you down. Your local Westfield centre is bursting with entertainment, dining, and shopping ideas to keep those spirits up. So go on – indulge!
Westfield centres are always bright, dry and warm, and brimming with fashion, food and entertainment. So don’t endure winter, enjoy it!
It’s movie time!
Combine the latest blockbuster movie with some quality time spent chatting over a delicious lunch or dinner and you have the perfect winter family outing. It almost makes you forget the wet and dreary weather outside! Every Westfield boasts a fantastic modern cinema complex with all the latest releases, huge screens, amazing sound, comfy chairs, and, of course, popcorn and beverages.
Check out some of the movies on the big screen this winter:
For your dining choice, Westfield centres have a huge range of food options so there’s sure to be something for every tastebud. Why not try one of these spots for your next family movie outing:
- Mexican is always a favourite with the kids and Mad Mex at Westfield Albany and Manukau serves up simple, fresh dishes they will love. Choose from quesadillas, nachos, tacos and more. INDULGE TIP: Don’t forget those sweet churros with chocolate dipping sauce!
- If all you are craving is a great butter chicken then head to Shamiana in the food court at every Westfield centre. Grab a quick curry, or indulge in an Indian feast.
- The Merchant Bar & Kitchen at Westfield Albany and the Fox & Ferret at Westfield Riccarton are both open till late and make great venues for a family dinner after the movie. Each has a great range of sharing platters to give everyone a choice, plus tasty mains and a kids menu.
- Nando’s at Westfield St Lukes and Manukau has a new menu but still has the best chicken around! How hot do you want that peri-peri flavour?
- For the ideal comfort food, La Porchetta at Westfield Riccarton has a huge range of pizzas, traditional pasta dishes and Italian classics.
The best reads
When the weather is less than ideal outside, escape to another world, another time, or another life with a good story. Snuggle up with a warm drink, a cosy blanket, and a new book for the ultimate winter indulgence.
Escape with a bestselling novel, explore and learn with non-fiction books, or give the kids a love of reading with titles for all ages from Whitcoulls. You will find a Whitcoulls store at all Westfield centres. Catch these titles:
Indulge your senses
During winter it’s time to up your game in the skincare department. Your skin craves nourishment when it become dry and irritated by cold winds and indoor heating. Indulge your senses with beautiful fragrance and much needed moisture with these picks from The Body Shop.
- Discover your inner Cleopatra with Spa of the World™ Egyptian Milk & Honey Bath and leave your skin luxuriously smooth.
- The British Rose Pick Me Up Kit makes a fantastic gift for a friend (or yourself!). It includes a shower gel, body yogurt, and face mist, all in the on-trend fragrance of British Rose.
- Keep your hands in tip-top condition with the Hand Cream Trio in three indulgent fragrances. Pop them into your bag for on-the-go treatment.
- Show your support for The Body Shop’s stand against animal testing with a cute strawberry-scented bunny soap that will get the kids rushing to the shower
- Quiet Night Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist is the winter bedtime treat that every parent needs! The combination of jujube date and camomile brings on more tranquil sleep for everyone.
You will find The Body Shop in all Westfield centres.
Explore more at Westfield
There are so many more ways to indulge yourself or your family this winter at Westfield. All the best brands and well-known stores are open for some retail therapy. Embrace winter with these picks from some of our favourite Westfield stores.
- Brighten up your home and surroundings with cool and quirky accessories from Typo. We found this cute sloth Cookie Mug that’s both practical for transporting those dunkable biscuits and adorable.
- The kids will love snuggling into this Fox Sleeping Bag from Bed Bath N’ Table for a movie night at home, to take on sleepovers, or to cosy up in for a story on a wintry day.
- Smiggle is the place for colourful and fun kids stationery and school gear that’s sure to brighten their day. We love these Drink Bottle DIY Kits that allow kids to express their own style.
- When it comes to getting super snuggly, we couldn’t go past this Disney Hooded Blanket at Cotton On. It’s got a fleecy lining, Mickey Mouse ears, pockets for your hands, and a cute ‘Less Work, More Disney’ slogan! Did I mention hand pockets?!
- What could be more indulgent than a tropical getaway? Head to Flight Centre and book that family holiday.
Written by Julie Scanlon for Westfield
Julie is Editor for Kidspot NZ and our MVP. Her hobbies include laughing uncontrollably at her own jokes, annoying her family by asking questions about movie plots, and never taking anything too seriously. She speaks a little Spanish and a lot of Yorkshire.
Favourite motto to live by: “It ain’t nothing but a thing”