30 minutes or less beef stroganoff
- 700grams blade steak, cubed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 tb cornflour
- 1tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tb tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beef stock
Put some water on the boil, to prepare either pasta (I prefer) or put your rice on in your rice cooker.
In a zip lock bag, put your beef, cornflour and nutmeg in a bag, squeeze as much air out of it as you can and seal, shake until all beef is covered with flour and nutmeg.
In a high-edge frypan heat your oil, add garlic and onions, and fry until softened.
Add beef and white wine, and cook until browned, the beef may dry out so beef stock as required to keep moist.
Add mushrooms and fry until soft.
Lastly, add rest of beef stock, tomato paste and sour cream, cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add more sour cream if you wish to make it as saucy or stew-y as you like! I like it a bit saucy!
- Believe it or not in that short time your steak should soften and be YUMMO.
- I love a quick meal, even better when it’s yummy and looks (and tastes) like you spent hours labouring over it!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New ZealandåÕs best recipe finder.