Cake in a mug
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
In a large mug, place all the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Use the spoon to grind all of the cocoa against the side of the cup so there are no lumps.
Add the egg and beat it a little on top of the dry ingredients to break the yolk.
Add the oil, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Stir the chocolate chips in and put into the microwave on high for 3 minutes.
Serve with a nice big scoop of ice-cream.
Find related cake recipes
- Everyday chocolate banana cake recipe
- Dirt cake recipe
- Orange and polenta cake
- Apple and hazelnut cake recipe
- Chocolate pavlova
- Mars Bar mud cake
- Lemon coconut surprise
- Marble cake
- Orange cake with orange icing
- Chocolate ripple and raspberry cake
- This a dirty little secret and should only be shared with other chocoholics so shhhhh.
- Mix it really well and you will end up with a cake that rises beautifully and has a great texture.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.