Chocolate and muesli squares
- 3 1/3 cups (300g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (160g) natural almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (75g) pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- ½ cup (70g) crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup (175g) honey
- ¾ cup (210g) fruit puree or bought apple sauce
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) craisins
- 200g milk chocolate
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and line a large slice or roasting tin with baking paper.
Place the peanut butter and honey in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring until mixture has softened and is well combined.
Mix this with remaining ingredients in a large bowl and then press into the prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until mixture is firm and golden.
Once the slice is cool, melt the chocolate (I use the microwave to do this, melting the chocolate in 30 second bursts and stirring in between) and spread over the slice before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight jar or container.
- Leave out the nuts if preferred (or necessary).
- Swap the honey for golden syryp for a deeper caramel flavour.
- If you’d like this to be sugar free just omit the chocolate and brown sugar and use a little more honey.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen from Local is Lovely. You can follow Sophie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Find more muesli bar recipes
- Apricot muesli bars
- Cereal balls
- Easy school lunch muesli bars
- Fruit and honey muesli bars
- Homemade muesli bars
- Muesli bar slice
- Nut-free muesli bars
- Muesli biscuits