Chocolate ripple and raspberry cake
- 1 pkt Chocolate Fudge biscuits
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp castor sugar
- 1 small block dark chocolate
- 1 punnet of raspberries or cherries
Whip cream with vanilla and sugar until it forms stiff peaks.
Spread cream between biscuits generously and sandwich 6 at a time laying the stack on its side.
Proceed like this with the rest of the packet forming a row of barrels.
Spread the remaining cream all over with a palette knife forming a box shape.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hrs or overnight is best.
Shave dark chocolate generously all over the top and cover with raspberries I prefer cherries so have used these
- This is known as an icebox cake in other countries.
- You can lay it out in various patterns before you coat it. Some people like to brush the biscuits with liquer before they spread the cream on them.
- I topped it here with dark chocolate to go with the cherries but you can use a crushed Flake for a different touch.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand