Banana and passionfruit bread with ricotta
- spray olive oil
- 1 3/4 (265g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (140g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) oats
- 1/2 cup (50g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60g) butter, melted
- 1 over-ripe banana, mashed
- 8 passionfruit, pulp
- 200g ricotta
- 1 passionfruit (for serving)
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Spray a 11 x 21cm loaf pan with spray olive oil. Line the base and two opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overlap.
Sift the flours, cinnamon, and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in oats and coconut.
Place milk, eggs, melted butter and banana into a medium mixing bowl. Pass the passionfruit pulp through a sieve to remove seeds and place into bowl with wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir well. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Cut into slices and toast. Garnish with a scoop of ricotta and some fresh passionfruit pulp.
Find more breakfast recipes
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Big breakfast
- Bull's eye egg
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Golden brunch puffs
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- Homemade crumpets
- Almond croissants
- Bacon and egg muffins
- Lemon butter
- Apple & hazelnut bircher muesli
- You can toast this bread and serve it with butter if you don't have any ricotta.
- You can slice this banana and passionfruit bread in slices and use it for lunch boxes. Just pop it into their bag frozen and it will defrost by morning tea.
- This recipe was created by Sammy & Bella Jakubiak.