Chicken in lettuce cups
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 600g chicken mince
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- half a cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- half a cup continental parsley or coriander leaves
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaf cups
Heat oil in a nonstick frypan over high heat. Cook chicken mince until all browned use the back of a wooden spoon to break the mince up into small pieces. Stir in celery, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add hoisin sauce and water chestnuts, heat through. Remove from heat and stir in parsley or coriander and bean sprouts.
Place one or two lettuce leaves on each plate and spoon chicken mince into leaves. Serve immediately with lots of serviettes!
- The best way to remove lettuce leaves: turn the lettuce upside down, use a small knife to cut out the stem and then carefully remove each leaf. Wash each leaf and dry with paper towel.
- Pork mince can be used instead of chicken mince.