Chicken wraps with mango and avocado salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 4 lavash breads
- 4 handfuls lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Cut chicken breasts into 1cm square dice. Fry chicken until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine avocado, mango, lemon juice and chilli (if using). Place a lavash bread on each plate, top with lettuce, chicken and avocado and mango salsa.
- An easy way to attack mangoes is to slice down either side of the pip, then score across the flesh, push the mango squares out and slice from the skin. Cooks treat is to suck all the yummy bits off the pip.
- Adjust the salsa to suit your familys likes and dislikes we usually have 4 different versions: one with no avocado, one with no mango, one with no avocado and chilli and one with added diced red onion!
- Make this recipe gluten-free using gluten-free wraps.