Grilled asparagus and quinoa salad
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and bruised
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- olive oil spray
- 10 fresh asparagus spears (150g), ends trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 red onion (about 180g), sliced
- 80g feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup soft lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby rocket leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
In a medium saucepan, bring water to the boil and add quinoa and garlic. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes before discarding the garlic clove.
While quinoa is cooking, place cranberries into a small bowl and cover with water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before draining.
Heat a grill pan, spray with oil and add asparagus and red onion. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes.
Mix dressing ingredients together in a jar and give a good shake. Assemble salad by mixing all ingredients together.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad
- If someone in the family doesn’t like rocket leaves, just use 2 cups of lettuce leaves or replace the rocket with baby spinach.
- This salad is perfect warm or cold (great for lunch the next day).
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.