Leftover roesti salmon stacks
- 3 large potatoes (about 700g)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 60g butter, melted
- 60mL (1/4 cup) olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices smoked salmon (about 200g)
- fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, lemon thyme, chives), to serve
- 4 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 150°C.
Peel potatoes, grate and squeeze out any excess liquid.
Place grated potato in a bowl and mix in the chives, melted butter, salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan for each cake and fry until golden on both sides.
Drain on paper towels and place in oven to keep warm until all cakes are made.
Serve two potato cakes on each plate, top with the salmon, fresh herbs and lemon wedge.
- This recipe works just as well as a light dinner or spoil-yourself breakfast.
- Also very nice with a poached or fried egg on top!
- We are on a post-holiday diet (excluding my favourite meal, so the lemon mayonnaise I would normally add to this dish has been omitted. But you go for it.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.