- 1kg icing sugar (don’t panic you won’t be eating it!)
- 250g packet pink and white marshmallows
- Writing icings
- Assorted sprinkle
Pour the icing sugar into a container so it is at least 4cm deep.
Press a clean egg halfway into the icing sugar to make the moulds.
The icing sugar does stick a bit to the egg, so you might have to dust it down as you go.
Place marshmallows in a large bowl over a simmering saucepan of water, stir occasionally, until melted and smooth.
Spoon the marshmallow goo into the moulds and refrigerate a couple of hours until set.
Dust the bottoms of the marshmallow eggs with icing sugar as you are getting them out and place on piece of baking paper to decorate.
Gather up the children and let them attack the eggs with the writing icings and sprinkles.
- The marshmallow stays nice and soft even after it has been melted and reset.
- Leftover icing sugar can be reused.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.