Pear and rice puree
- 2 fresh pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup water
In a small saucepan, add the pears and water and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes until the pears collapse.
Puree in the pan using a stick mixer or alternately mash well with a potato masher.
Stir in the rice cereal and mix well.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- This will thicken a little on cooling.
- If you are making this for a toddler you can skip mashing the pears.
- You can use drained tinned pears for this recipe. There is no need to cook the pears but heating them and using a little of the natural juice is required before you add the cereal.
- You can adjust the amount of cereal to make the consistency that suits your baby.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.