Pork with peach salsa
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 4 small peaches, deseeded and diced
- 500g lean pork steaks
- oil spray
- 1 tsp torn coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely sliced mint leaves
In a small bowl, add lime juice and caster sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add chopped peaches to the lime and sugar solution. Set to one side.
Heat a non-stick frying pan, grill pan or barbeque to medium-high. Spray pork steaks lightly with oil, then cook for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and rest on a board for a couple of minutes.
Toss coriander and mint through peaches just before serving along with a pinch of salt. Serve steaks topped with salsa.
Find related pork recipes
- Perfect pork cuts
- Pork and chickpea tortilla
- Pork and corn burgers
- Pork and fennel meatball pasta
- Pork and prawn potsticker dumplings
- Pork and sage meatloaf with apples
- Pork and veal bolognaise
- Pork belly and mango salad
- Pork belly with spiced apple compote
- Pork burgers with sweet onion and apples
- Pork chops with feta and beetroot salad
- This recipe would work well using chicken breast or even fish instead of pork.
- Swap out the peaches for nectarines for a different take.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.