Quick glazed salmon
- 1/4 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 salmon fillets
- 2 cups basmati rice
- coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
Mix the soy sauce and brown sugar together and cut the salmon into chunks.
Gently toss the salmon in the sauce and set aside for a couple of minutes.
Pour the rice into a saucepan and cover with three cups of cold water, bring this to the boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12-14 minutes.
Set your oven’s grill to medium high and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the salmon pieces on this (reserving the marinade) and pop the tray under the grill for about 6 minutes, or until the salmon looks just caramelised on top but nice and pink inside.
While the salmon cooks, tip the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, reduce for a minute or so and set aside.
To serve, spoon rice into bowls, top with the salmon pieces and drizzle with the reduced marinade. Top with coriander leaves and serve with a wedge of lime.
Find more fish recipes
- Beer batter fish
- Easy crumbed fish
- Exotic fish finger rolls
- Fish and chips
- Fish cakes
- Fish cakes with sweet chilli mayo
- Fish in foil
- Healthy fish and chips
- Healthy fish fingers
- Lemony fish bites
- Seafood risotto
- Thai fish cakes
- This goes really well with some flash fried garlic snowpeas – just heat a tablespoon of peanut oil and throw in a few handfuls of trimmed snowpeas. To finish off, add two cloves of crushed garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute, then serve.
- You could add a few tender corn kernels to the rice or steam some Asian greens to serve on the side.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder: You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.