- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 4 crushed Weet-Bix
- half a cup brown sugar
- half a cup sultanas or choc-chips
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 180C. Spray a 26cm x 16cm slab tin with olive oil spray.
Combine flour, crushed weet-bix, sultanas (or choc chips) and brown sugar in a bowl. Melt butter, golden syrup and milk in a small saucepan. Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. Press mixture into tin. Bake 20-25 minutes until browned.
To prepare icing, mix icing, lemon juice and milk together in a small bowl until smooth.
Pour icing over the slice while it is still hot, then cut into slices when cold.
- I love this slice because it is quick to make and most people will have all the ingredients in the house. A great afternoon snack or addition to the lunch box.
- Thanks to my friend Mary-Anne for this handy recipe.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.