Quinoa, walnut, feta and pomegranate salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 60 g rocket leaves
- 1/2 Spanish onion (finely sliced)
- 100 g feta (crumbled)
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
Rinse quinoa under running water for a couple of minutes until water runs clear.
Place quinoa in a saucepan. Top with 1.5 cups of boiling water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 12 minutes over low heat. When all of the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, leave for 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff up grains with a fork.
While quinoa is cooking, make dressing by whisking together ingredients. After fluffing up the grains, transfer quinoa to a large bowl, pour over dressing and stir gently to combine. Leave to cool.
When you are ready to eat, stir remaining ingredients through dressed quinoa and serve.
Find related quinoa recipes
- Crunchy quinoa salad
- Grilled asparagus and quinoa salad
- Hearty beef and quinoa stew
- How to cook quinoa
- Quinoa and apple porridge
- Quinoa calamari rings
- While this salad would make an adequate meal on its own, it is also delicious served alongside grilled chicken, lamb or fish.
- The easiest way to remove pomegranate seeds is to cup a half, cut side down, in your palm. Pound the pomegranate with a wooden spoon. The seeds will fall into your hand.
- Cooked quinoa can be stored in the freezer.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.