Raspberry bliss bombs
Gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
Melt chocolate in microwave on medium heat for 1 minute, stir and then cook for another minute on medium heat.
Stir until smooth and allow to cool slightly. Place a sheet of aluminium foil on a bench.
Place a raspberry on a spoon and use a second spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over the raspberry.
Carefully roll chocolate-raspberry ball onto the foil. Repeat until all chocolate is used up.
Patience is a virtue, consider sitting down for this recipe! Allow to set and then store in the fridge.
Sneak one as often as possible.
- What a taste sensation — the slightly bitter hard chocolate and juicy raspberry in the middle. Well and truly worth the effort.
- Great as an after-dinner treat or with your coffee/tea or after lunch or before picking the kids up.Using frozen raspberries sets the chocolate quickly and makes it easier to get neat, round chocolate balls. I usually only take out about 10 raspberries at a time so they don’t defrost.
- Fresh or defrosted raspberries tend to collapse under the melted chocolate. There is a bit of a knack to getting the chocolate temperature right so you don’t end up with a puddle around each raspberry.
- The first few make for wonderful cook’s treats!