Roasted lamb rack with tomato salad
- 2 x 8-cutlet racks of lamb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or spray)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 punnet grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat oven to 200°C. Trim excess fat from lamb and wrap some aluminium foil around the bones to prevent burning. Coat (or spray) lamb with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking dish and cook for 20 minutes for medium, or to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes while you make the salad.
Whisk lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper in a bowl, stir in tomatoes, onion and shredded basil leaves.
Serve 3-4 lamb racks per adult (1-2 per child) with the tomato salad.
- If you have leftover pesto from the Spaghetti pesto spoon a dollop onto the lamb cutlets.
- The tomato salad with onion and green bits is a no go zone for my children, try plain slices of tomato or other salad your kids will eat.