Salmon and cucumber sandwich sushi
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 slices bread
- 4 slices of wafer-thin smoked salmon
- 3 thin slices of cucumber, same length as a bread slice
- low-fat cream cheese to spread
Lightly toast the sesame seeds in the frying pan over low heat. Remove from heat when they are slightly golden, spread them out on a plate and set aside to cool completely.
Roll each slice of bread flat with the rolling pin and remove the crusts. Lay the cling film down on top of the sushi mat.
Spread a very light layer of cream cheese over each slice of bread. Turn the slices over and lay on top of cling film.
Spread the other side of each slice with a thicker layer of cream cheese. Place the salmon on top of each slice, filling as much of the bread as you can.
Put a cucumber slice on the very edge of the each slice. Roll the bread over the cucumber slice and all the way along until the bread is fully rolled.
Add a little more cream cheese if the end does not stick firmly. Roll each sushi roll in the cooled toasted sesame seeds.
The seeds will stick to the thin layer of cream cheese. Cut each bread roll in half and then half again.
Find related sushi recipes
- Baby sushi
- Beginner’s sushi
- Crabmeat and avocado sushi
- DIY tuna sushi hand roll
- Hand-wrapped little sushi
- Ice cube sushi
- Salmon sushi
- Sushi rice
- You will need to keep a very close eye on the sesame seeds when toasting. They can burn very quickly.
- If you buy your bread from a bakery, you can get them to put your bread through the slicer from end to end and this will give you huge bread slices that are easy to use for this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves. Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.