Sesame Prawn Skewers
- 600g peeled green prawns
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 8-12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 large carrot, grated
- coriander to garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Toss prawns in sesame oil and garlic.
Cover and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Remove prawns from the fridge and thread onto skewers.
Arrange cucumber salad on plates.
Heat grill pan or barbecue grill to medium and add skewers. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side and squeeze over lemon juice. Serve with simple cucumber salad.
Find more prawn recipes
- Avocado and prawn salad
- Chilli, lime and coriander prawns
- Classic prawn cocktail
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Dim sims
- Fresh prawns with two dips
- Ginger and garlic prawns
- Homemade cocktail sauce
- Make sure you buy green prawns (uncooked) and not cooked prawns, otherwise they will over cook and not taste as good.
- Soaking the bamboo skewers makes sure they don’t burn on the grill. You can also use metal skewers.
- Use any salad ingredients you have, I like cucumber and carrot but if you prefer other vegetables then go right ahead.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Jay at The Moodie Foodie and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.