Spring vegetable soup
Gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head of broccoli)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 cm lengths
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock (gluten-free)
- Crispy bacon pieces and parmesan to garnish (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek, cook for 3 minutes until starting to soften. Add stock and bring to the boil. Add zucchini, broccoli and asparagus, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve garnished with bacon and parmesan (if using).
- I preferred the soup without the bacon and parmesan—so you can taste the beautiful fresh spring vegetables. However, you do what you have to in order to get the kids to eat it!
- We had plenty of soup leftover, I stirred through some evaporated light milk (you could use cream) to make a creamy version.