Tuna and broccoli stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400g broccoli stalks
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2x 185g tin tuna or one large, drained
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Juice of one lime (lemon is fine also)
Heat a wok to high. Add oil to wok, heat and then add onion and ginger. Stir to combine.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add broccoli, stir to combine then add lime juice and fish sauce. Cover with a lid to steam for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add tuna, stir to combine then cover to heat through for 1-2 minutes.
Finish with the oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon of water tossed through.
Serve on top of rice.
- This is a very fast recipe. If you are serving with rice, cook it first and rest it for 5-10 minutes while you cook the stir-fry.
- I always serve this with some type of chilli sauce. My husband and eldest son prefer sweet chilli while I go for the sambal every time.
- Recipe created by Camilla Baker for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.